With very wide ranges of accommodations from sea bottom price to galaxy away one, UAE and Oman offer a long list of accommodation to pick. What left to do is to select accommodation that suits your budget and interests (location, type, facilities, etc.). You should not have a problem selecting an accommodation in big cities like Abu Dhabi, Dubai or Muscat, but you need to stretch a bit to find a suitable accommodation in smaller cities like Al Ain, Fujairah or Khasab. There is only 1 hotel available in Khasab (Golden Tulip Hotel Resort Khasab), for example, with online booking facility, making booking competition is very tight and price goes skyrocketing in high season. Similarly in Al Ain and Fujairah where each has 6 hotels available through internet bookings. Others may be available but do not accept online booking.
As we travelled with another two families, we put priority on booking an apartment in which we can share the rooms and common facilities. Summer promotion helps us in getting very affordable accommodation in good location and great facilities.
We use http://www.booking.com and http://www.hotelscombined.com for browsing accommodation and placing bookings. The latter site combines many online booking sites and list prices from all sites. Booking.com is a pay-on-checkout site that secures our booking through blocking our credit card information. Please be aware with terms and condition in regards to cancellation (i.e. generally up to 48 hours is free of charge) and change policy, as well as hotel policy.
We also used http://www.tripadvisor.com and Google to understand review on selected hotels.
Delmon Hotel Apartment, Muscat
- Price: A 3-bedroom apartment for 2 days costs us 130 OR (or about 215 QR per night per family). The price is including breakfast and city tax and service charges.
- What’s in the room: Two bedrooms are equipped with bathtub and one with shower. Kitchen with refrigerator, microwave, and kitchen utensils provided. Seating areas with television and dining table also provided.
- Location: The apartment is located in Wadi Al Kabir (“Big Valley) area. 6 km from Mutrah Souk and 9 km from Qantab Beach/Oman Dive Center (10 minutes drive). 5 minutes drive to financial and business district.
- Facilities: Restaurant (breakfast is limited to scrambled egg, sausage, baked beans, and Arabic bread with choices of tea/coffee, juices). Free internet access in entire hotel (however it was very weak in the room. Userid and password requested on Receptionist. Free private parking is possible on site. Free tea/coffee on lobby area.
- Opinion: Good values for money. Room is clean. Staff friendly and helpful. Quick checkin/out service. Location is not far away from point of interests.
- Contact: Al Wadi Al Kabeer. Al Gadeer St., Muscat. Coordinate: 23 34’43.5”N 58 33’53.4”E
- Hala Apartment
- Al Shiraa Hotel Apartment
- Check booking site to select your preferred hotel
Hilton Fujairah Resorts *****
- Price: A double bed room for 2 days costs us USD175.04 (or about 319 QR per night). The price is including breakfast and city tax and service charges.
- What’s in the room: Shower.Television. Working desk. Seating areas with chair and table. Private balcony overlooking hotel’s landscaped gardens. Safe deposit box (enough to store 15” laptop). Coffe and tea making facilities. Mini bar. Iron.
- Location: Al Ghorfa Corniche Street, next to the Coffee Pot Roundabout, Fujairah.
- Facilities: 4 Restaurant and bars. Pay internet access (wired or wireless). Private beach. Outdoor cafes. Swimming pool. Playground. Lawn tennis. Spa & Massage. Billiards. Table Tennis. Volleyball court. Gym. Mini golf. Tree house. Business center. Shop. BBQ facilities. Free private parking.
- Opinion: Ideal for families and couples on holiday. The wide range of activities available includes something for both children and adults. Room is small but bathroom is spacious. Excellent balcony. Staff friendly and very helpful.
- Contact: Tel: 971-9-222-2411 Fax: 971-9-222-6541. http://www.hilton.com Coordinate:25 08’10.2”N 56 21’18.1”E
- Siji Hotel Apartment
- Emirates Springs Hotel Apartment
Golden Tulip Resort Khasab ****
- Price: A double bed room for 2 days costs us OMR117 (or about 585 QR per night). The price is including breakfast and city tax and service charges.
- What’s in the room: Shower.Television. Working desk. Seating areas with chair and table. Private balcony overlooking Musandam sea and fjords. Safe deposit box (small)
- Location: Located in Khasab road, on your left. 3 km prior to entering Khasab town, just before Khasab public beach.
- Facilities: Restaurant and bar. Pay internet access (wired or wireless). Tour agent office in lobby.. Swimming pool. Gym. Table Tennis. Small children playground. Free private parking. Dive center.
- Opinion: Good summer deal. Excellent location along the mountainous coastline. Generous balcony with perfect view. Staff was very friendly. Breakfast was very basic. Peace and quiet.
- Contact: Phone: +968-26 730 777 Email: email@example.com http://www.goldentulip.com Coordinate:26 12’48.2”N 56 14’01.2”E
City Tower Hotel and Apartment Dubai
- Price: A 2- bedroom for 4 days costs us AED1600 (or AED200 per day per family as we share with other). The price is including breakfast and city tax and service charges.
- What’s in the room: One with bathroom inside, one outside bathroom. All with bathtub. Double bed room. Seating areas and dining area. Television. Kitchen and white appliances (refrigerator, stove, microwave, washing machine) and utensil provided.
- Location: Located in Bur Dubai, off Mankool Rd.
- Facilities: Restaurant and coffe shop. Free private parking (limited space). Roof top swimming pool and fitness center. Business center. Pay internet access AED25 per 24 hours.
- Opinion: We could get competitive price due to company rate with help of our friend’s friend. Good value for money. Room is OK except that one bedroom has outside bathroom. Fully equipped kitchen and washing machine is very useful for long stay. Parking is very limited. Check-in process was quite a hassle. Close to Deira and Dubai Creek.
- Contact: Coordinate: 25 15’20.4”N 55 17’25.5”E
- Check booking website as there are so many hotels and apartment in Dubai!