Sometimes it’s a must but sometimes it is a choice. Difficult decision to some QG Ras Laffan-based employees who need to trade-off at some points.
Why living in Al Khor Community?
- Living in a secure, safe, gated, well-controlled camp
- Living with many friends nearby
- Excellent clubs, restaurants, and recreational facilities
- Close to Ras Laffan – 18km to RLIC Gate
- It’s a must due to operational requirement (i.e. shift employees)
- You don’t like shopping, malling, or clubbing as your past times
- Living in peaceful environment, stay away from the hectic of a city
- Your kids school at Al Khor International School
- More saving? for less shopping?
Why not to living in Al Khor Community:
- No shopping malls (Lulu Hypermarket is underconstruction)
- Limited choice of amenities and services
- Away from the center of activities in Doha (once you’re in you’ll bit lazy to go out of camp)
- You’ll not get a club allowance QR10,000 a year
- Your monthly allowance is deducted for QR800 a month
- Your circle of friend is mostly QG and RG
Why living in Doha
- Close to center of activities (i.e. you don’t need to go driving 40km just to watch an exhibition or festival or activity)
- You’ll receive a club allowance QR10,000 per year
- Possibility of meeting friends outside QG & RG more frequently
- Close to malls, amenities and services
- Boring? Just jump out to a mall or cafe in just few minutes
Why not living in Doha
- If you live in central/southern Doha and you work in Ras Laffan, traffic will be your best friend
- You need to travel 70km to Ras Laffan for work
- You get financial allowance but you need to be on the road 1 hour longer each day
- Your kids school in Doha, so you need to live in Doha although working inRas Laffan.
- You’ll get more quality time but reduced allowance and away from center of activities
So which one do you like?