Contrary to some popular beliefs, Qatar experiences another half of colder period during when mild winter occurs. Temperature starts dropping from October. When you can normally encounter 39 C maximum temperature in September, in October it becomes maximum 35 and minimum 23 C.
Just this morning, during my drive from Doha to Ras Laffan, I switched off the AC and let the sunroof open to allow chilly winds circulating inside my car. My car termometer recorded 21 C at 7 AM (then it must have hit below 20 at midnight).
January is believed to have been the coldest month during which temperature can drop to 7-9 C and can only reach 22 maximum. What happen during winter in qatar?
- Many sporting events held, benefited from the colder atmosphere, such as SonyEricsson Championship, ExxonMobil Qatar Open (tennis), hydrojet race, football friendly games, MotoGP, drag race, music festival, etc.
- Beaches, deserts and popular camping spots are flanked with residents for camping, dune bashing or BBQ
- Time to switch off AC and turn on heater
- Time to use your colelction of winter clothes that have been under long hibernation inside the wardrobe
- Time to go out – sports exercise, walk, go to parks
- Might expect rain in isolated days – uhh how I miss rain
- Might expect fog