Recent study (The ‘Qatari Family’ study prepared by the Permanent Population Committee. Published in Gulf Times, 11 January 2010) shows that:
- Domestic helpers constituted 24% of the number of people living in Qatari families
- The average number of the Qatari family members to be 9.5 in 2008, from 8.6 in 1997.
- Each family having an average of 2.3 domestic workers
- Marriage between close relatives, increased from 10.3 in 1997 to 23.7% of the total number of marriage contracts in 2007.
- Life expectancy increased from 76 years in 2005 to 79.5 in 2007
- A majority of 71.6% of families in middle and above middle income group ranging from QR10,000 to 50,000 a month, while 27.2% were getting more than QR50,000 in 2007.