Transfer RP to New Passport

Now as I have renewed my passport, I shall transfer my – still valid- RP from old passport to new passport. You can do it yourself to any immigration offices or let this matter handled by your company’s immigration section. I chose the latter.

Documents needed are:

  • Old and new passports
  • Copy of ID card
  • Recent photograph
  • Completed form (handled by Qatargas Immigration Officer)

Total processing time is between 2-3 working days. It can be much shorter – heard of within minutes(?) – if you handle it yourself.

Below is a quote from Hukoomi (Qatar e-Government) website:

When a resident of Qatar receives a new passport, he/she must arrange to have the residence permit transferred over. The sponsor may apply online to reissue a valid permit. 

Applicants are required to deliver their new passports to the Ministry of Interior’s Expatriates Affairs department in order to complete the procedure. A certificate of loss should be attached if the original passport was lost in Qatar.


Follow these steps to transfer the RP to a new passport:

  • Fill out the online application form.
  • Select the person for whom you wish to transfer the RP for.
  • Select option for pickup or delivery.
  • Pay appropriate fees.

Sponsors will be notified by SMS once the document is ready.