If you have 3 hours each day after office hours and 3 weekends during your 3-week stay in Paris, what will you do?
Will you visit almost every tourist objects in Paris, like we’ve done? Will you repeat your visit to Musee du Louvre, because everybody knows that one visit is not enough? or Will you try many metro lines in paris with its 300 stations? or Will you escape from paris during weekend to neighboring countries?
For sure I was lucky to get an exposure to Paris and Europe for 3 weeks in relation to my work duty from Qatargas in participating in Hazard and Operability Study for Plateau Maintenance Project at Technip Headquarter in La Defense, Paris. Golden opportunity for both business and personal.
Below are some places I visited in Paris during the span of 1-23 July 2010. Photologues can be seen in my Facebook albums. I just don’t have time to write trip report to every single object.
Museums: (check my Facebook for pictures – Paris – Museum Series)
- Musée du Louvre
- Musée d’Orsay
- Musée du quai Branly
- Centre Georges Pompidou
- Cité des Sciences et de l’Industrie
- Musée de I’Orangerie (outside, closed when we were there)
- Musée Grevin (outside)
- National D’Historie Natrelle (outside, closed due to renovation when we arrived there)
Landmarks (check my Facebook on the links below for pictures )
– Paris Landmark Series 1 – Seine and Tour Eiffel
– Paris Landmark Series 2 – Paris Landmark Series 2 covers Place de la Bastille, Place des Vosges, La Madeleine, Place Vendome, Concorde, Jardin du Tuileries, Flame of Liberty Memorial, Invalides, Jardins des Plantes, Mosquee du Paris, Jardins du Luxembourg,Pantheon and Sorbonne Universite de Paris
– Paris Landmark Series 3 – Paris Landmark Series 3 features Arc de Triomphe, the world’s most famous shopping street and the most beautiful avenue: Avenue Champs Elysees, and a place for architectural tour heaven: La Defense business district. Enjoy!
– Paris Landmark Series 4 – (covers among others Basilique du Sacre Coeur, Porte St Denis & Porte St-Martin, Place de la Republique, Palais Royal, Eglise St-Eustache, Forum des Halles, Cathedrale de Notre Dame de Paris, Palais Garnier, Opera & Lafayette, Shakespeare & Co)