A reader shared his latest experiences and I copy paste his story below.
I would like to share also regarding this matter. Nowadays they make more simple for replacement of missing ID card. I lost mine last week.
~First of all you need non objection letter from your sponsor to replace your ID with new one. I went there to Immigration Dept and inquired what is the requirement.
~Police report is not required,I went there also and they said no need,straight away to Immigration Dept.
~Go to Immigration Dept Madinat Khalifa,gate number two anyway the security there will tell you.
~Once you enter gate number 2 go straight then enter separate room on your right side there are 2 Staffs, give your paper to the right side man (Noc from your sponsor,copy of your RP in passport and original pasport). He will give you an application form you have to sign only no need to fill anything. Then take the queu number from the left side man.
~Take your number and wait for your turn on counter “L”
~Submit your paper and you need to pay 200 Riyal for your new card plus 10 Riyal, I believe for application paper.You will get your new card less than an hour. They will ask your credit card for all payment
You won’t expect it to happen but when it happened it happened. I lost both my Qatar ID and Driving License. Here is next steps based on my experiences. It may not be exactly the same steps as you will go through.
– Replacement of Lost Qatar ID
- If you lost the ID abroad, Obtain lost report/police report from any Police Station where you lost your ID.
- Have a letter from your company (a kind of NOC with additional info on request for replacement). It is in Arabic so I am not sure what is written there. Your company immigration officer knows how to do it.
- Go to the nearest Police Station and look for Lost & Found Section. Ask for Lost Report. Bring along company letter and if applicable, lost report from Police Station where the ID was lost. In my case, I went to Al Khor North Security. I asked the lady there for Police Lost Report and handed her a company letter, supporting lost report, and copy of ID. I paid 12 QR (cost for 2 @5QR stamp; not sure what’s the case for additional 2 QR)
- With the lost report, go to Immigration Office. Get a replacement ID for QR200 through credit card/debit card
– Replacement of Driving License
- This is my personal experience and may not be generalized.
- I went to Traffic Police in Rayyan (near Aspire). Ask the officer for replacement. The lady – knowing that I work for Qatargas (part of Q Company) – did not require a company letter or lost report.
- The lady gave me a letter with Return Date (two weeks from the day of report). I believe this is to give enough time if somebody by chance found my license.
- On the return date I went to the same Traffic Police and ask for replacement by handing her the letter, copy of my license and my ID. [If you return before the day you will find yourself waste your time, as the system has locked this return date to your driving license issuance. I tested it]
- The license is ready within minutes for QR250 by credit card/debit card
Anybody got different experience?
Lesson Learned: It is always a good idea to scan your ID, license, car registration, and print them some! Just in case!
In Qatarliving, a QLer writes different steps though they are almost the same:
If your Qatar ID is lost,
1) Go to capital police station in crazy signal. Fill out lost ID form, Pay 10 QAR with either credit car or e-cash (no cash accepted). They will give you a report in 5 mins.
2)Go to immigration department in Madinat Khalifa (you may check exact location on maps.google.com by writing immigration department on the search box)
3)When you enter the immigration department, go to portacabins first and ask typewriter to write your application for you. (3 QAR cash. Typewriter doesn’t accept ATM, credit car etc. 🙂 )
4)Bring this application to your company, you need company stamp on the application and sponsor’s signature (sometimes, immigration can give your ID without sponsor’s signature too. But stamp is necessary)
5)Bring the police report you got in 1st step, application form to same immigration department.
6) Enter the door,number 1 and inside go directly to counter 2. No need to get number for queue.
7)Pay 200 Qar with Credit card or e-cash. Your ID will be ready in 10 mins.
A friend of mine reported that police officer in Madinat Khalifa told him that we should report the case to any branch offices not main office in Madinat Khalifa. He was also told to bring a company letter and 1 passport-sized photograph.